Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A little more Valentine's fun...

In addition to the adorable Valentines cards The Girl needed an outfit (complete with bow)!! My friend, Nikki, shared this adorable dress tutorial with me over a year ago! When I was at Target I picked up some dishtowels in the dollar spot & remembered that blog! 

Now, you must know I am *not* a seamstress!! That title is reserved for my Mom & youngest sister, Kelli (she sewed the purse The Girl is holding there).  However, I bravely asked my family for a sewing machine for Christmas, so I could branch out in my craft making.  I must add my Dad was quite proud of the sewing machine purchase! He came across it on a clearance aisle while shopping with my Mom (we all LOVE the clearance aisles/sections!) :-) 

Anyway, back to the outfit...I decided to take on the 10 minute dress. I was certain it would take me hours & it would end in frustration. I was extremely excited to find I *could* sew, ok, ok! It was a few straight stitches, but still! I DID IT! and it was wearable!! She looked so adorable too!! 

**Her hairbow was made by Britt's Bowtique (find her on facebook)


Teacher's Gifts

Who wouldn't want to get a plate full of these?!?!?!

I wanted to give the teachers/staff at The Girl's school something they could enjoy, but that was different from everything else they always get.  Yet again I was given this idea by Just Say Julie (she always finds the good stuff!)

So I set out to make them! After a quick run to Target (love that store) I was armed & dangerous!!


Off to work I went! All you need is what you see above & the ingredients to make the brownie mix.

Mix up the brownie mix as the box indicates (if you have a choice of cake or fudge choose cake).

Couple tips: Use Double Stuff Oreos & a name brand brownie mix (store mixes aren't as good imo).

Then start dipping the Oreos in! I wore gloves because I knew this would be a messy project.






See MESSY!








Once you've dipped & fully covered the Oreos, place them in a muffin pan. Couple things here - you either need to grease the muffin pan *really* well, or use the foil cupcake liners.






Bake for 10-15 minutes at 350* It's ok if they are a little soft when you take them out because as they sit & cool they will continue to cook more. Let them cool completely before removing from pan. ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from ya'll...please leave me a message